The CCPA National conference was held this year in Halifax, Nova Scotia May 13-18th. NBACT was a visible presence at the conference. Brochures, and our yearly newsletter were available to all. We met lots of great people who are interested in Regulation. Next years conference will be held in Victoria B.C. Hope to see you there. :-)
The NBACT AGM will be held at 10am -12 noon, June 8, 2013 at 22 Church St, Moncton NB. A brief board meeting will be held immediately after the AGM. All members and guests are welcome to attend.
There will be a board meeting held on December 1st, 2012 from 10am-12 noon in Moncton NB.
The 2012 AGM will be held at 130 Broadview Ave, Saint John on June 9th, 2012 from 10am-12noon. All members and guests are welcome to attend.
What if there was a local organization for counsellors practicing in New Brunswick that offered;
- Free advertising on a website that had 38,000 hits last year.
- Notices and updates via facebook.
- Professional Development opportunities sent out regularly, with an eye to those courses that allow for continuing credits with CCPA.
- An organization that works toward preparing legislation so that counsellors in New Brunswick will be regulated, and recognized.
- Allows counsellors to meet and discuss ideas and share information on best practices, common concerns and ethical issues.
- A group of counsellors open to discussion, camaraderie, laughter and learning.
- Access to Counsellor networking and social events throughout the province.
Well guess what? It has arrived, in fact has been here for three years. It is the New Brunswick Association of Counselling Therapists, NBACT, and through it you can be connected to the local community of counsellors and share in the above mentioned benefits.
The next NBACT Board meeting will be held in rm 308 Marshall D’avry Hall, UNB Fredericton on March 17th, 2012 10am-12 noon.
The next NBACT board meeting will be held December 3, 2011 10am-12 noon in Moncton at the Sobeys Community room on the corner on Main and Vaughn Harvey.
EMDR Basic Training Sept. 23-25 & Nov. 25-27 2011 with Kathy Karn M.Ed <http://www.kathykarn.com/emdr-training.html> . & Brynah Schneider Ph.D., C.Psych. <http://www.brynahschneider.com/index2.htm>
This is a unique opportunity to learn this profoundly helpful psychotherapy model in London Ontario within a small group setting.
Please download Registration Form <http://www.kathykarn.com/docs/emdr-training-registration-form.pdf> (PDF 44kb) or contact <http://www.kathykarn.com/contact.php> Kathy for more details.
Part – 1 · September 23-25 · 2011
Part – 2 · November 25-27 · 2011
* Note trainees from out of town can log in to group consultation via Skype over the internet
(NBACT) New Brunswick Association of Counselling Therapists
Notice of Annual General Meeting
Saturday, June 4, 2011 – 10:30 am
Fredericton Public Library
12 Carleton St., Fredericton, NB
Agenda for the morning:
10:00 am: Meet and Greet and Information session -
Status of Counselling Legislation in New Brunswick
10:30 am: NBACT Annual General Meeting
11:30 am: Brief meeting of the newly elected Board of Directors