What if there was a local organization for counsellors practicing in New Brunswick that offered;
- Free advertising on a website that had 38,000 hits last year.
- Notices and updates via facebook.
- Professional Development opportunities sent out regularly, with an eye to those courses that allow for continuing credits with CCPA.
- An organization that works toward preparing legislation so that counsellors in New Brunswick will be regulated, and recognized.
- Allows counsellors to meet and discuss ideas and share information on best practices, common concerns and ethical issues.
- A group of counsellors open to discussion, camaraderie, laughter and learning.
- Access to Counsellor networking and social events throughout the province.
Well guess what? It has arrived, in fact has been here for three years. It is the New Brunswick Association of Counselling Therapists, NBACT, and through it you can be connected to the local community of counsellors and share in the above mentioned benefits.